Skip to content
How to Install, Remove & Clean SlipX Solutions Large Adhesive Traction Mat
What You’ll Need
- Non-Metal Smoothing Tool: squeegees, rubber rollers and plastic putty knives work well.
- Ruler (optional)
- Scissors (optional)
- This product is designed for use on smooth surfaces.
- Avoid installing over grout lines, voids, or textured surfaces, all of which may affect adhesion.
- This product is not intended for use on refinished surfaces, which could be damaged during mat removal.
- Please Note: The Aqua Stop Traction Mat cannot be repositioned after installation.
How to Install
1. Carefully Clean Surface
- Remove all dirt, grime and residue using a tub/tile cleanser. Dry completely.
- Wipe surface with rubbing alcohol to remove any remaining residue. Dry completely.
2. Position Mat
- With paper backing still in place, place mat in desired location.
- If a different shape or size is desired, trim mat to fit application surface by measuring new mat size with ruler first then cutting with scissors.
- Holding your mat in place, lightly trace around the mat edge using a pencil.
3. Attach Mat to Surface
- Carefully wash and dry your hands.
- Peel 1-2 inches of the paper backing away from one edge of the mat. Slightly crease backing to keep adhesive surface exposed. Avoid touching the adhesive as much as possible.
- Position the exposed mat edge (paper side down) within your tracing marks and firmly press exposed mat edge onto clean application surface.
- Working one small section at a time, peel paper backing away from mat, then press newly exposed adhesive area onto surface. Use your smoothing tool as you go, in an outward motion from the center of the mat outward to avoid air bubbles and create an even, smooth bond between your mat and the application surface.
- If you encounter a trapped air bubble that you cannot eliminate with your smoothing tool, prick the bubble with a needle and re-smooth that area.
- Ensure that all mat edges lay completely flat and are securely adhered to the application surface.
How to Clean
- Periodic cleaning will extend the useful life of your Aqua Stop Adhesive Traction mat.
- Use a soft bristle scrub brush and a tub/tile cleanser (like Soft Scrub® or Tilex®) that is formulated to remove soap scum and body oils.
- Rinse mat surface thoroughly and air dry.
How to Remove
- Pry up one corner of your mat with a fingernail or a non-metallic, non-abrasive straight edge.
- Peel the mat back up and away from your application surface slowly.
- To remove any adhesive residue, spot treat with Goo Gone® or a similar adhesive removal product, then thoroughly clean the treated area with tub/tile cleanser.
Please Note: Always use caution when entering or exiting tub, shower or other slippery areas. No anti-slip product can prevent all accidents.